Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jasleen_kaur
Frequent Visitor

date range selector should default to showing a range from 30 days prior to today to today's date

"I am using a date range selector with 'from' and 'to' calendars. I want to achieve that whenever a user opens the date selector, the 'from' calendar should automatically select the date 30 days prior to today's date, and the 'to' calendar should select today's date. However, users should still be able to manually select dates for both 'from' and 'to', and once selected, those dates should remain fixed."

#powerbidesktop #dateselector #last30days

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tharunkumarRTK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Jasleen_kaur 

You can create two bookmarks:

1. With relative Date Slicer: 

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 4.52.12 PM.png

2. Another one with Between Date Slicer:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 4.53.18 PM.png

And keep the last 30days bookmark as a default selection and if the user want to customize the from and to dates they will click on custom selection and will change the dates.

If the post helps please give a thumbs up

If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tharun

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jasleen_kaur
Frequent Visitor

Let me try this solution once, and I will circle back to touch base with you.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Jasleen_kaur 

Not sure if the following video that I made some time back would be of any help to you, please check it out:

https://youtu.be/KBEsPGxDxHM?si=WLLtxk2qJsF9p80p

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

tharunkumarRTK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Jasleen_kaur 

You can create two bookmarks:

1. With relative Date Slicer: 

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 4.52.12 PM.png

2. Another one with Between Date Slicer:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 4.53.18 PM.png

And keep the last 30days bookmark as a default selection and if the user want to customize the from and to dates they will click on custom selection and will change the dates.

If the post helps please give a thumbs up

If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tharun

Hello, 

I am still face error. like i did this but once I refresh my page its show the 30 days data but when i need to customize the date i need to remove the 30 days selection in earlier related date, then i can see customize the dates. also see visiual according to sepecfied period selected.

@Jasleen_kaur 

You can disable the syncing between these two slicers, then you dont need to remove the selection for customizing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.