Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

convert date to text

I want to create a key column Source_Target_Date in the format of  USD_USD_10/18/2022. Below is what I get, how can I avoid the "-" symbol in the column?

date format.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried the DAX below and get AUD_AUD_10-18-2022.  

Column = 'Table'[Converted currency]&"_"&'Table'[budget currency]&"_"&FORMAT('Table'[dateid],"MM/DD/YYYY")

Below is how I solve the problem. However, it's a bit complicated, so I was hoping there is an easier solution. 

Source_Target_Date = [Converted Currency]&"_"&[Budget Currency] &"_"&format(month([DateID]),"0#") &"/"&format(day([DateID]),"0#") &"/"&year([DateID])

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Jeanxyz ,

for me it works easily. I think that is important that you don´t change the data type in Power Query from date to text.

mangaus1111_0-1666296237058.png

Arul
Super User
Super User

@Jeanxyz ,

This may help you,

Source_Target_Date = [Converted Currency]&"_"&[Budget Currency]&"_"&FORMAT([DateID],"DDMMYYYY")

Thanks, 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

Samarth_18
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jeanxyz ,

You can try like this:-

Column = 'Table'[Converted currency]&"_"&'Table'[budget currency]&"_"&FORMAT('Table'[dateid],"MM/DD/YYYY")

Best Regards,
Samarth

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

I tried the DAX below and get AUD_AUD_10-18-2022.  

Below is how I solve the problem. However, it's a bit complicated, so I was hoping there is an easier solution. 

Source_Target_Date = [Converted Currency]&"_"&[Budget Currency] &"_"&format(month([DateID]),"0#") &"/"&format(day([DateID]),"0#") &"/"&year([DateID])

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.