Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem With Slicers And Matrices

I'm trying to setup a page with two matrix visuals and two slicers.  First, the two slicers looks like this:

smichels_0-1666201493572.png

This will allow the user to select the year and the month.  One matrix is already setup to work with this so it only displays data for the selected month/year and it works great.  The second matrix needs to display year-to-date data from the beginning of the selected year through the end of the selected month/year.  I have a measure for getting the user-selected date and its last day and one for getting the date of January first of the selected year.  What I'm unable to do, so far, is figure out how to set a date range filter for the matrix.  Can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here's my solution.

1.Create a seperate calendar table for the two slicer.

vstephenmsft_0-1666257552665.png

vstephenmsft_2-1666257633564.png

2.Create a mesaure to filter for the first visual. Put the measure into filters and set up show items when the value is 1.

visual-level-filter = var _date=MAX('Table'[Date])
return IF(MONTH(_date)<=SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Date].[MonthNo])&&YEAR(_date)=SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Date].[Year]),1)

vstephenmsft_3-1666257661628.png

3.Create another measure to get the year to date value.

YTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),MONTH([Date])<=SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Date].[MonthNo])&&YEAR([Date])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Date].[Year])))

vstephenmsft_4-1666257732159.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stephen,

I tried your solution but, unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work.  It caused the first matrix that was working to no longer work and I couldn't get the second matrix to work at all.

I appreciate the time and effort.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.