Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

monojchakrab
Resolver III
Resolver III

connecting to company onedrive

Hey good people,

I am trying to access my Power BI model across devices because of which I have been trying to use the https link to my organizational onedrive where the folder and files are saved.

I am using SharePoint.Files and providing the path as copied from the "Details" tab of the file from Onedrive.

But unfortunately whichever folder I try to connect, either using windows or account, I am always getting 404 error.

Is there something I am missing or is there some other hack available?

Thanks and really appreciate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
monojchakrab
Resolver III
Resolver III

@amitchandak - Amit, since we are still on excel 2013, I dont have a link like "from sharepoint folder" under the "get data" option.

I am getting the error when I am using the option "from other source"=>"from sharepoint list"

I will check out the links you shared.

The links helped Amit - it solved the problem I was having. But now the problem is the query wih numerous tables, is taking very long time to refresh. It requires a manual refresh literally at every step of every query and that is slowing down the process significantly, while it has solved the problem of shareability. Is there any hack for that. The other problem is that somehow my background refresh option is greyed out necessitating a manual refresh every time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.