Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

richanthony
Helper I
Helper I

connecting from desktop to powerbi.com

we have one person on out team who gets stuck here when trying to connect to a dataset in the service from desktop (enter password press connect and nothing happens):

richanthony_0-1688995360047.png

Anyone else experienced a similar issue 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richanthony
Helper I
Helper I

A new laptop resolved the problem

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
richanthony
Helper I
Helper I

A new laptop resolved the problem

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@richanthony , Try this setting and then try to sign in again

Go to File-> Options and settings -> Options -> Security Option -> and check : Use My Default browser( Visible after scroll)

if needed, clear the cache of the default browser

Thanks for getting back unfortunatly this did not resolve the issue.

Hi,  @richanthony 

According to your descripition, you encounter the " trying to connect to a dataset in the service from desktop (enter password press connect and nothing happens)" in Power Bi Desktop.

I'm having the same issue, it's a known issue with newer versions of Power BI, you can download the stable April or May Desktop release to try to alleviate the issue. Engineers are currently fixing the entire issue and hope to see it fixed in a newer version of Desktop.

For the old version for Power BI Desktop , you can download from this document:
Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

thanks for taking the time to reply the person got a new laptop from our IT department and this resolved the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.