Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cjz
Frequent Visitor

Desktop application crashes

My PowerBI Desktop crashes at start. 
The two login Windows will be displayed,when the program is started. And the program will flash back after closing.

login Windows1.jpeg

Program version number: 2.118.828.0 64-bit (2023-6)

3 REPLIES 3
cjz
Frequent Visitor

hi @v-shex-msft Thank you for your reply. 

The issue is that when I open pbi desktop, two login Windows will appear, whether I choose to login or close the two Windows, the software will crash. So I just ignore the 2 login window and do something else.

Just now, I updated it .(Release: July 2023 ; Product Version: 2.119.666.0 (23.07) (x64) )

The problem still exists, but with some changes. When I close the two login Windows, the program doesn't crash immediately. When a visual object is clicked, the program freezes and automatically closes after a few moments.

HI @cjz,

Did this issue appear when you open the power bi desktop or open a power bi report?

If you mean the first one, I'd like to suggest you check if the firewall or network policy if they block power bi service or azure related requests:

Add Power BI URLs to allowlist - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you mean the second one, what type of data source are your report used? The connection mode? Can you please share some more detail informations about this issue?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

BTW, did the april version works? you can find previous versions at the following link:

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cjz,

It’s a known issue which appears when you switch between different accounts which appears on the June version. You can try to roll back to the April version of try to update the latest July version to confirm if the issue fixed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.