Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can we check the file/write status of a file before reading its content ?

Hello,

I will make a power bi report using csv files.

Those csv files will be generated several times per day. How can I make sure that when I refresh my report, it is not going to try to read a file that is being created/written/updated ? Is there then a mechanism to check the status of a file before trying to read it ? And can my refresh hold on automatically until the creation/writing/update of the file is finished ?

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have found a similar psot, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: Schedule a refresh after data is updated - Microsoft Power BI Community

• I do not believe this is possible.  I would recommend trying to add a few more refreh start times in this case.

Or you can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.