Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

% calculation using measure in matrix visual with filters

I'm trying to calculate a value (%) by using one rows value as a % of the other (total of a certain type)

AEH_0-1692891700132.png

The total resources booked column is a count, the resource count total is the following measure:

ResourceCountTotal =
CALCULATE(COUNT('Table1'[Type]), ALLSELECTED('Table2'[Resource Name]))

There's multiple slicers on the page, but I just can't get the measure right to calculate the resources booked as a % of the resoure count total. 

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous seems like you are showing different values in the visual and using different in the divide function, why you are using COUNT(Table2[Resource Name]) in the divide function?

ResourceCountTotal =
DIVIDE ( 
   COUNT('Table1'[Type])
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous seems like you are showing different values in the visual and using different in the divide function, why you are using COUNT(Table2[Resource Name]) in the divide function?

ResourceCountTotal =
DIVIDE ( 
   COUNT('Table1'[Type])
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

As in like this? 

ResourceUsed% = DIVIDE(COUNT(Table2[Resource Name]), 'Table2'[ResourceCountTotal], 0)

AEH_0-1692950246558.png

The % calculations are incorrect, which is where I'd got to before. Complete novice, here! 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous what is the actual issue? You can divide count with the measure you show and will give you %

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.