Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

X axis on Box Plot cutting some data off.

Hello.  I am attempting to create a box plot graph for my data set.  It contains monthly data for 2018 and 2019, but for some reason whenever I have both years on the graph it cuts off some of the months as seen here:

One Graph.PNG

If I split up the graph it works fine, as seen here:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @Anonymous ,

Box and Whisker by MAQ Software supports top 30K unique entries.

We have added your request “Increase number of distinct rows” to our backlog.

We periodically revisit our published visuals to correct bugs and add enhancements based on user feedback. Once we have an enhancement list set for the next version of this visual, we will let you know on this thread. 

If you have an urgent need for this enhancement, please connect to us via our Sales channel.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please continue to provide the same for any of our visuals.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @Anonymous ,

Box and Whisker by MAQ Software supports top 30K unique entries.

We have added your request “Increase number of distinct rows” to our backlog.

We periodically revisit our published visuals to correct bugs and add enhancements based on user feedback. Once we have an enhancement list set for the next version of this visual, we will let you know on this thread. 

If you have an urgent need for this enhancement, please connect to us via our Sales channel.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please continue to provide the same for any of our visuals.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

Thanks

Have there been any recent updates or enhancements made allowing for larger datasets?

I have a dataset with ~55k records and am trying to show monthly box plots on the x-axis but am losing the last several months in the visual.

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @Anonymous ,

We tried reproducing the mentioned issue but it worked at our end:

BoxAndWhiskerTestImg.jpg

To investigate about the issue, we need:

• Dataset size (Number of unique rows)
  • Link or copy of Sample Report
  • Sample dataset
  • Environment details (Browser/Desktop version) where the issue was observed

Providing the details listed above will help us better prioritize the issue in our backlog and address it sooner.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you see other months of 2019 when you stretch and zoom in on this chart?

Does your date come from a date column or a text column?

Does your visual come from MarketPlace? Could you tell me that which one is it?

Best Regards,
Lionel Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-lionel-msft 

I have fully stretched out the chart and it did not show any more of the months.

It comes from a text column, which is made through a text column. The months were originally numbers, and we wanted to display them as their month name, so we created a column to reflect this.

It does come from the visual marketplace, it is the Box and Whiskers by MAQ software.  

Thank you, 

Let me know if you need anymore information.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here's my test result, there's no problem.😂

vv5.PNG

vv4.PNGvv3.PNG

Is your data similar to mine? If not, please show me a sample data.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-lionel-msft and @MAQSupport  

We took some time to try out different data sets, and we learned that due to the size of our data that we were looking at, it would only display some of the months that we were looking at.  Our dataset looks practically the same as yours, just with more values for each person at our company.  The data that we have is over 50,000 rows for the different users that we have, which also would allow for filtering.  When we sampled a data set with only 10,000 rows it was able to work fine.

Data set.PNG

Here is just a sample of what my data looks like, the user name and the email have been bolded out for privacy reasons.  The YMC is the Month and Year that the user was looking at, and the Unique Days is the number of distinct days that month and year they visited the page.  The business function and the theater are used as filters on the dashboard as seen here:

Dashboard Example.PNG

As you see there is no way to scroll on the box plot and it is stuck at showing only march.  

If there is a solution for the large amount of data, I am assuming that can fix it.

Thank you for all of your help, and I hope that this information also helps.

Korin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combined Graphs.PNG

I don't know why the graph didn't get included in the post, but here is what the two graphs looks like.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.