Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ri2sina
Helper I
Helper I

Wrong data after the rows grouping

Hi,

I have a table with visits columns for each date row (total column and other columns by attribut), project column and analytics system column.
I need to group data to have SUM of total visits by project, year and analytics system.

I inserted year and then grouped rows by these 3 parameters.
After that I can see that the data in my database and the data in Power BI are different.

The data in the Power BI is 0.52% less then in my database.
What is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ri2sina,

Would you please illustrate your problem with sample data? Please show us the steps to reproduce your scenario so that I can test for you.

Is there any difference between the data loaded into Power BI and stored in database before adding to visual?

If possible, please share the screenshots of current result and your expected result.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-yulgu-msft

The difference is already in the Query Editor in the table with changes.

Hi @ri2sina,

Could you provide some sample data so that we can reproduce your scenario? And what did you mean "The data in the Power BI is 0.52% less then in my database"? What is the 0.52%? Were there any data rows missing in data model before grouping data?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

Sorry, I haven't permission to provide data sample.
I didn't remove any columns.

I pulled out the data from my SQL database.
If I compare the aggregated data in my SQL database with the Grouped data in Power BI, I will have the difference between the data in each row.

I removed the added columns and checked the data after grouping; it is still wrong.

Hi @ri2sina,

It would be better that you could share the screenshot of result you got in Power BI and in SQL DB.

Also, to better describe your problem, you could create some simplified sample data so that we can better understand your problem with example.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@ri2sina

in orer to identify the problem can you demonstrate what you have done in power bi?  

are you using more than one table?  if so please post a screenshot of your relationships

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi, @vanessafvg

This is what I've done:
http://prntscr.com/g0e4dr

The table is one. There are no any relationships.
In the added columns I've just summarized a few columns to have 1 column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.