Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bvy
Helper V
Helper V

Wrestling with Filter Context and "Included" - ALL() not working as expected

We audit widgets every day and look for certain quality control "issues". I have a slicer on Audit Date, and a calculation meant to return the Total Number of Units Audited within that date range. The correct value is 413 for May 17 - June 2. 

bvy_0-1654794159054.png

However when I select a Quality Control Issue from the list, it changes my calculation. The calculation should NOT be affected by a selection on Issue, however it’s putting in an “Included” filter and then throwing out days where we didn’t audit a widget with that particular issue – see how 5/17, 5/20 and 5/23 dropped from the list when I select Dent? However 413 correctly remains in the table.

bvy_1-1654794184401.png

I need the calculation to return 413, even when Issues are selected from a slicer or table. I thought I addressed the with the ALL filter, but it ignores it.

Note: I need to alter the CALCULATION – NOT the INTERACTIONS. The calculation is used outside of visuals. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bvy ,

I'm afraid that there is no proper method besides that change the interaction between the table visual and card visual.

yingyinr_1-1656568833238.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bvy ,

The ALL function returns all the values of a table, or all the values of a  column, ignoring any applied filters. I checked your second screenshot and you have also applied a visual-level filter to card visual (Audit Date is on or after 5/17/2022 and Included is Dent). And what you applied in the calculation is ALL(Audits[Quality Control Issue]), which returns all values of field [Quality Control Issue] in table Audits, and there are no fields [Audit Date] and [Included], so all these two filters should be valid for card visual...

yingyinr_0-1655104517218.png

yingyinr_1-1655104544653.png

What's your final expected result? Do you want to show 413 on the card visual ignore all filters? Could you please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @bvy ,

I'm afraid that there is no proper method besides that change the interaction between the table visual and card visual.

yingyinr_1-1656568833238.png

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.