Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JuanDeDios_Gut
Regular Visitor

Why I can´t see data in a table when I select an element in a map on Power BI?

Hi everyone

I'm making a dashboard on PowerBI with a map, a table and some slicers. But when I select one specific city (from my map) so as I can see its data in a table, there is no data to show in the table, even the tooltip for this city doesn´t work (empty tooltip). All the other cities show tooltips and data in table when I select them.

JuanDeDios_Gut_1-1702316963614.png

I have checked there are no active filters or errors in PowerQuery and everything is ok, it's important to mention that all the info comes from one table so it can´t be a problem about relations in tables. Even I repeat the project from zero but the error appears in the same city so I think there is something blocking the data for this unique city. Do you know what is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bhaktishete

If you're experiencing issues with a specific city not displaying data in Power BI, despite verifying that there are no active filters or errors in Power Query, there are a few additional steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem, may be this will help.

1. Review Map Visual Settings:

• Check the map visual settings, especially those related to tooltips and interactions. Ensure that the map is configured to display the information you expect when a city is selected.
  2. Clear Filters:

• Manually clear any filters that might be affecting the problematic city. Click on the city in the map visual and choose "Clear Filter" to ensure that there are no lingering filters affecting the table.
  3. Check for Data Privacy Levels:

• In Power BI Desktop, go to "File" > "Options and settings" > "Options" > "Privacy" and ensure that the data privacy levels are appropriately set. Incorrect privacy levels might prevent certain data from being loaded.
  4. Check Data for the Problematic City:

• Examine the data in the underlying dataset for the specific city that is not displaying properly. Ensure that the data for that city is correctly populated and doesn't contain any anomalies.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bhaktishete

If you're experiencing issues with a specific city not displaying data in Power BI, despite verifying that there are no active filters or errors in Power Query, there are a few additional steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem, may be this will help.

1. Review Map Visual Settings:

• Check the map visual settings, especially those related to tooltips and interactions. Ensure that the map is configured to display the information you expect when a city is selected.
  2. Clear Filters:

• Manually clear any filters that might be affecting the problematic city. Click on the city in the map visual and choose "Clear Filter" to ensure that there are no lingering filters affecting the table.
  3. Check for Data Privacy Levels:

• In Power BI Desktop, go to "File" > "Options and settings" > "Options" > "Privacy" and ensure that the data privacy levels are appropriately set. Incorrect privacy levels might prevent certain data from being loaded.
  4. Check Data for the Problematic City:

• Examine the data in the underlying dataset for the specific city that is not displaying properly. Ensure that the data for that city is correctly populated and doesn't contain any anomalies.
CoreyP
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Is there actually data for that city in your dataset?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.