Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

louisquinet
Helper I
Helper I

When I upload a semantic model: error message 'Incompatibility warning'

Hello

When I upload my excel file as a semantic model I receive the following error message:

Incompatibility warning
This dataset doesn't support newer capabilities, such as translations or view permissions for composite datasets. Learn more

louisquinet_0-1707217729296.png

I clicked on the learn more button, but I have no idea what I did wrong...

Does anyone know what I have to do?

Thank you in advance

Louis

5 REPLIES 5
mben

Hi all, did you find any solution? I am facing the same issue, Premium workbook capacity and PRO user license.

ali_b
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. These are the steps:

1. Created a spreadsheet using Windows desktop Excel application

2. Saved excel file to local OneDrive folder which syncs to MS Teams / Sharepoint

3. Went to "My Workspace" in the PowerBI service (Pro workspace, not premium) and clicked "New +" button.

4. Selected "Semantic model"

5. Chose "Excel" button

6. Navigated to the excel file I created in my MS Team -> the semantic model is created

7. The semantic model now has a red "exclamation mark" against "Refreshed" which has the incmpatibility warning: "This dataset doesn't support newer capabilities, such as translations or view permissions for composite datasets."

I've found that refreshing the dataset works BUT it doesn't create the "swirling" icon while it's refreshing, the refresh time simply updates some time later.

Cheers

A

v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @louisquinet 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reproduce your situation. Can you provide some details so that we can help you better?

Is your workspace on Premium capacity? Can you provide screenshots of the detailed steps you took to upload the excel file?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _Yuliax

hinaghous

Hello, 

I am having the same error, Any findings? even my refresh works fine. 

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @louisquinet 

Please check the below line and confirm
"When I upload my excel file as a semantic model "

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.