Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Henry_Brown

What to do if my QuickBooks Desktop won't open Windows 11?

I recently switched my computer to Windows 11. Now, I am trying to open QuickBooks on the same. I don’t know why QuickBooks is not opening, and the error says QuickBooks Desktop won't open Windows 11. Can someone assist me how can I fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joshua21weissma

Hi,  @Henry_Brown 

Thanks for posting your query; let’s help you fix the error.

If your computer doesn’t meet the system requirements of QuickBooks, you won’t be able to open the QuickBooks program. So, first, you must ensure that your computer meets all the QB system requirements. However, if QuickBooks Desktop won’t open Windows 11, the QuickBooks installation might be damaged or corrupted. So, either reinstall the QuickBooks program or fix the issues by running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool on your computer:

• First, exit QuickBooks Desktop and go to Intuit’s official site to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub in the most recent version (1.6.0.3).
  • Once you have downloaded the file, save it in a location from where you can easily access it. Most users save the Tool Hub in a Download folder.
  • Now, double-click on the file you just downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
  • Start the installation by following the instructions on your screen and agreeing with the terms and conditions.
  • Once the installation is done, open the Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
  • In the Tool Hub, choose Installation Issues from the left pane of your screen.
  • Click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button. The tool might take 20 minutes to complete; wait until then.
  • Once done, restart your computer and try again to open QuickBooks.

If your QuickBooks Desktop won’t open even after following these steps or if you require more information, visit a detailed article by clicking on the link provided above.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joshua21weissma

Hi,  @Henry_Brown 

Thanks for posting your query; let’s help you fix the error.

If your computer doesn’t meet the system requirements of QuickBooks, you won’t be able to open the QuickBooks program. So, first, you must ensure that your computer meets all the QB system requirements. However, if QuickBooks Desktop won’t open Windows 11, the QuickBooks installation might be damaged or corrupted. So, either reinstall the QuickBooks program or fix the issues by running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool on your computer:

• First, exit QuickBooks Desktop and go to Intuit’s official site to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub in the most recent version (1.6.0.3).
  • Once you have downloaded the file, save it in a location from where you can easily access it. Most users save the Tool Hub in a Download folder.
  • Start the installation by following the instructions on your screen and agreeing with the terms and conditions.
  • Once the installation is done, open the Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
  • In the Tool Hub, choose Installation Issues from the left pane of your screen.
  • Click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button. The tool might take 20 minutes to complete; wait until then.

If your QuickBooks Desktop won’t open even after following these steps or if you require more information, visit a detailed article by clicking on the link provided above.

Thanks for the solutions! I tried all of them, but unfortunately, none seemed to fix the

QuickBooks Desktop won't open. Just wanted to let you know in case there might be another solution or workaround. I'll also be contacting support to see if they have any further insights.

Quickbooks Help.png

AnalyticPulse
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

hi,

try to run it in compatible mode or rus as administrator. let me know if this solved your issue.

If this helped, Follow this blog for more insightful information about data analytics
https://analyticpulse.blogspot.com/
https://analyticpulse.blogspot.com/2024/03/superstore-sales-2022-vs-2023-year-on.html

https://analyticpulse.blogspot.com/2024/04/commercial-real-estate-portfolio.html

joshua21weissma

Hi, @Henry_Brown 

Thanks for posting your query; let’s help you fix the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.