Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vipett
Helper II
Helper II

Weighted MAPE

I would like to calculate a weighted MAPE but first I can't get the total to work, and secondly no clue how to solve the weighted part.

Currently I have two measures, [Current Forecast] and [Actual]. The forecast comparison has three dimensions, Product Group, Country and Month.

This version of MAPE gives me a total line which is just based on the totals per column, but I want to capture acutal MAPE per line and then have the average per product group as the total:

MAPE = IF([Actual]=0,1,ABS(([Actual]-[Current forecast])/[Actual]))

In this version I tried with Hasonevalue, but still can't get it to work, same output as the above forumula:
MAPE2 =
VAR MapeElement =
IF([Actual]=0,1,ABS(([Actual]-[Current forecast])/[Actual]))

)
RETURN
IF(
    HASONEVALUE(FCTProductMap[Product Group]),
    MapeElement,
    AVERAGEX(FCTProductMap,
    MapeElement
    )
)

This is what my table looks like.

MAPE2 should be ~129% and if I have weighted MAPE2 based on Forecast (Acutal where forecast = 0 ), it should be 199%

vipett_1-1702912614928.png

2 REPLIES 2
mgooren
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

have you considerd that 1 is the same as 100%, so if you have an actual of 0, the value one would then be translated to 100%. The 12.28% for instance would be 0.1228.

Hope this helps you!

Hi, Yes, if the actual = 0 while we have a forecast, or if the forecast is 0 and the acutal is larger than 0, then it it is a 100% error

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.