Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MrMP
Helper III
Helper III

Week to date and Last year week to date

Hi,

In my calendar table, I have indicator if date is WTD. If we take example for today 28th of March, that would be 25-28 March (mon-thu).

How to calculate the same time interval for last year? Since today is Thursday, I would have to go back to Thursday last year and return 20-23 March. and those two calculation should stay on same trend chart.

So one line for 4 days in this week and one line for same 4 days in previous year. (yes this cant be achieved with sameperiodlastyear)

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
PowerBigginer
Helper II
Helper II

WTDLastYear =
VAR CurrentWeekStart = FIRSTDATE(DATESINPERIOD(Calendar[Date], LASTDATE(Calendar[Date]), -1, WEEK))
VAR CurrentWeekEnd = LASTDATE(DATESINPERIOD(Calendar[Date], LASTDATE(Calendar[Date]), -1, WEEK))
RETURN
CALCULATE(
[Measure],
FILTER(
ALL(Calendar),
Calendar[Date] >= CurrentWeekStart &&
Calendar[Date] <= CurrentWeekEnd
)
)

Try this Dax
If it helps please Mark as a solution!

Thank you for solution. WEEK cannot be argument in LASTDATE so this doesnt work.

MNedix
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I assume you already have a nice Date table, where you have a WeekStartDate and WeekEndDate columns. Based on the WeekStartDate do a calculated column as below:

Week Rank = RANKX(ALL('Date'),'Date'[WeekStartDate],,ASC,Dense)

Then, create two measures, one for the current week and another one for last year (assuming that [Measure] is what you want to measure - e.g. Sales, Count etc):

This Week = CALCULATE([Measure], FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=MAX('Date'[Week Rank])))

Last year same Week = CALCULATE([Measure], FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=(max('Date'[Week Rank]) -52)))

It should work. If this is the solution you were looking for then pleae mark it as the solution.

Thank you!

This does not work. It returns good number as total but does not work on a trend. Trend has only WTD dates plotted and has to have same work day last year as trend line.

MNedix
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Have you tried PARALLELPERIOD ?

Yep. Doesnt work and cant be plotted on a trend.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.