Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sunit1190
Frequent Visitor

Visuals not loading in workspace after publishing report using DirectQuery from Snowflake

Hi,

I'm getting data from Snowflake using DirectQuery and have built a report with which has data in a table. When I publish this report to my workspace I'm getting the below error: 

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again

Underlying Error: PowerBI service client received error HTTP response. HttpStatus: 400. PowerBIErrorCode: QueryUserError
QueryUserError: Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.. Key = [Name = "POWER_BI", Kind = "Schema"]. Table = #table({"Name", "Description", "Data", "Kind"}, {}). ;The key didn't match any rows in the table.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
Correlation ID: 578bdd6e-8556-d7ba-e80d-f04d1291b448
Activity ID: 05c14f43-2aa2-4e37-a3ee-178eea526c31
Request ID: d740cbb8-580b-a127-abbf-2f38cc0a44ce
Time: Thu May 16 2024 13:04:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.23263.57
Client version: 2405.1.19178-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-us-b-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

I have give all appropriate access to the Power BI service on the underlying tables that I'm using in the report.

Any help on how to resolve this?

1 REPLY 1
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sunit1190 

This type of error typically occurs due to one of the following reasons:

1. Access Permissions: You've mentioned granting appropriate access to the Power BI service on the underlying tables, it's worth double-checking that the credentials used by Power BI to connect to Snowflake have the necessary permissions not just to the tables, but also to any schemas or databases referenced in your report.

2. DirectQuery Configuration: Since you're using DirectQuery, ensure that the configuration in Power BI Desktop is correctly set up to match the schema and tables in Snowflake. The error message "Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table" suggests there might be a mismatch in the schema or table names between what's in Snowflake and what's being referenced in your Power BI report.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

• Verify Access Permissions: Confirm that the Power BI service account or the credentials used for the Snowflake data source have the correct permissions. This includes access to the specific schema and tables used in your report. For more information on setting up DirectQuery with Snowflake, you can refer to the Power BI documentation:Best Practices For Using Power BI In DirectQuery Mode With Snowflake | by Jerelle Gainey | Snowflake....

• Check Schema and Table Names: Ensure that the schema and table names used in your Power BI report match exactly with those in Snowflake. Pay special attention to case sensitivity and any special characters.

• Review DirectQuery Limitations: There are certain limitations when using DirectQuery mode in Power BI. Review these limitations to ensure that your report design is compatible with DirectQuery. For more details, see Semantic model modes in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.