Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bgatzemeyer
Frequent Visitor

Visuals changing size/location on different screen sizes

I am having a unique problem on a recently developed dashboard.  I wasn't able to find any relevant post so I will outline the issue and some things I have tried, without success, to remedy.

I built a benchmarking dashboard that compare 4 sites to each other with multiple metrics, I wanted to pass granular details for these sites utilizing tooltips.  To achieve this I used a blank measure in a card and set it to be transparent so the user hovers over the value in the matrix and it acts as a typical tooltip would.  I did it this way because of performance issues with the dashboard, it is insanely large and the matrix design loads much faster.  

Here are the differences between a view from my large monitor (27 Inch with 1920 x 1080 res) & laptop.  Although all the Blue areas have tooltips you can clearly see the "movement" in the light blue ones to the left of the first column of data.  I believe this is due to the matrix resizing (unsure why).  

I have tried the following:
View > Page View > Fit to Width
View > Page View > Fit to Page

View > Page View > Actual Size

Grouping all visuals together

Grouping visuals together and turning on "Lock aspect ratio"

I am open to all suggestions including a redesign of the visuals but can not abide with the sloppy project appearance for users...help!?

Monitor View:
Monitor ViewMonitor View

Laptop View:

Laptop ViewLaptop View

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bgatzemeyer
Frequent Visitor

Updated: I have found a resolution, I came to the conclussion that the screen size used to the load the page was causing the issues and optimizing for one distrubed the layering of the other.  I utilized simple navigation features to add a desktop vs laptop view in my reporting and optimized the pages to the appropriate links.  Two seperate pages with simplistic navigation.  

I just used PNG files for desktop monitor and laptop and linked to the formated page.

bgatzemeyer_0-1694792566562.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bgatzemeyer
Frequent Visitor

Updated: I have found a resolution, I came to the conclussion that the screen size used to the load the page was causing the issues and optimizing for one distrubed the layering of the other.  I utilized simple navigation features to add a desktop vs laptop view in my reporting and optimized the pages to the appropriate links.  Two seperate pages with simplistic navigation.  

I just used PNG files for desktop monitor and laptop and linked to the formated page.

bgatzemeyer_0-1694792566562.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.