Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YDEGUCHI

Visualization Updated Automatically?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the default feature on PowerBI or not but I noticed that the design of one of the Visuals on our report is changed.

I am using Tachometer visual and Callout Value peoperty was OFF before but now it is ON.

Also, is there any way to find out what the version of Visual report is using or on Visualizations tab on BI Desktop?

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@YDEGUCHI

As Tachometer visual is a 3rd party visual, I think you'll get better response from the author(PBISupport@annik.com).

I mean, in general not only 3rd party components, after visual components are updated, will my report use the latest components that are updated? or my report uses original version of components that I used when I designed?

@YDEGUCHI wrote:

I mean, in general not only 3rd party components, after visual components are updated, will my report use the latest components that are updated? or my report uses original version of components that I used when I designed?

There's no any official documentation talking about the update, but I'd bet that most properly it won't update the already imported custom visual. Because Power BI allow developping custom visuals, you can use the visuals in Power BI without publishing them to the custom visual gallery. Then for the ones not published, from where does Power BI update them?

To update the custom visuals, you can try to import the new version visuals.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.