Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gcjayne1984

Visual to show dependencies between apps

Hi everyone

We have a SharePoint list that holds details of all the Power Apps that we have developed at our company.  One of the columns in this list is called Dependencies which is a multi-select column where we can show other apps that depend on an app.  So for example we have one main app that contains financial information and this would feed data into many other apps so this finance app would have around 20 dependencies.

We want to show this data in a Power BI report visually but I'm not sure what type of visual would be best.  We basically want all apps to show on the report represented as circles with bigger circles for apps with most dependencies.  Ideally these circles would then be connected with lines to show where the dependencies are.

I found something called the Social Network Graph (Find the right app | Microsoft AppSource) which does something similar but with people.  I wondered if anyone knew of any other visuals that could achieve what I need?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Yes, network graph visuals are the right approach, especially when you have mutual or circular dependencies.  If your dependencies only ever go one way you can use a Sankey Chart visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.