Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sandeep_me
Helper I
Helper I

Visual Filter Problem

Hello, 

I seem to have a problem in the below graph when I click on the first visual Filter value (for example EMEA) I can see the below forecasts upuntil end of the year 

sandeep_me_0-1648821301449.png

But in the one below I do the same it doesnt work. The monthly filter is sitting on Feb, but it shows March forecasts but it doest pick up the forecast of the rest of the year. 

sandeep_me_1-1648821904382.png

Datsset measures are different, but used with same kind of calculation. I did a lot of digging but no luck. There is a heirarcy on the 1st graph on both visuals ie Region ->Country -> Company. And at Company level when you select one country then it is working as you can see below   

sandeep_me_2-1648822043926.png

any advice would be helpful 

KR,

SM

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandeep_me ,

Can you provide the formulas corresponding to the specific two different measures? Also refer to the second screenshot corresponding to the visual to see if the filter adds a filter condition for the time in the filter.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi Henry, 

For the first screenshot thats not working below are the measures (including it's sub measures) 

FM Biogas AC CR TY = CALCULATE(([AC CR](DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY End Date]))),Accounts[Main accounts]="Biogas (Focus)")

FM Biogas B/F Focus Areas = calculate([B/F CR],Accounts[Main accounts]="Biogas (Focus)",DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY FY End Date]))

FM500 AC CR TY = CALCULATE(([AC CR](DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY End Date]))),Accounts[Main accounts]="Electronics (Focus)")

FM500 Electronics B/F Focus Areas = calculate([B/F CR],Accounts[Main accounts]="Electronics (Focus)",DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY FY End Date]))

FM510 AC CR TY = CALCULATE(([AC CR](DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY End Date]))),Accounts[Main accounts]="Batteries (Focus)")

FM510 Batteries B/F Focus Areas = calculate([B/F CR],Accounts[Main accounts]="Batteries (Focus)",DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY FY End Date]))

FM655 AC CR TY = CALCULATE(([AC CR](DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY End Date]))),Accounts[Main accounts]="Datacenters (Focus)")

FM655 Datacenters B/F Focus Areas = calculate([B/F CR],Accounts[Main accounts]="Datacenters (Focus)",DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY FY End Date]))

AC CR =
SUMX(
'AARO_OPER',
'AARO_OPER'[AC LOC] *
LOOKUPVALUE(
'Current rate and days measures'[Current rate],
'Current rate and days measures'[RepCurr], 'AARO_OPER'[RepCurr],
'Current rate and days measures'[Currency],'Current rate and days measures'[Selected currency]
)
/'Factor'[Selected data format])

B/F CR =
var swVal = 'Budget/Forecast'[B/F Selected]
return SWITCH(swVal,
0, [BUDGET CR],
1, [FORECAST1 CR],
2, [FORECAST2 CR]
)

TY Start Date = DATE(YEAR([TY End Date]),1,1)
TY FY End Date = DATE(YEAR([TY End Date]),12,31)
TY End Date =
var single = DISTINCTCOUNT(Period[Select ID]) = 1
return IF(single, MAX('Date'[Date]),
var td = TODAY()
var adjust = IF(DAY(td)>2,-1,-2)
return EOMONTH(td,adjust)
)

For Screenshot that is working (2nd one) 

AC CR TY = [AC CR](DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY End Date]))
AC CR LY FY = [AC CR](DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[LY Start Date],[LY FY End Date]))
Sales B/F = calculate([B/F CR],Account[Code]="3010",DATESBETWEEN(AARO_OPER[Date],[TY Start Date],[TY FY End Date]))

As I mentioned before, in the first graph it's working at a company level heirarchy but not at couuntry and region level. 

Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks a lot in advance. 

KR,
Sandeep 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.