Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Values are not repeated in columns

I am trying to get certain values in a table for years, but that some of them come out only once, do not repeat for each year, would you know how to do it?

It would be to leave this table

AliciaPhoenix_0-1655362582597.pngAliciaPhoenix_1-1655362604874.png

in something like that, where the values marked in red would only be once and would not be repeated per year

NoDescriptionUnit CostUnit PriceNet salesUnit_CostUnit_PriceMargin%Unit PriceNet salesUnit_CostUnit_Price

Margin%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

As far as I know, you add multiple columns into matrix value fields, so Power BI will expand each value part by column fields. EX: 2016 has 7 columns and 2017 will has 7 columns as well.

According to your statement, I think you want to remove some columns which is expanded in column field. 

I suggest you to turn off the word wrap and reduce the width of the columns which you don't need to 0.

RicoZhou_0-1655717238936.png

Here I reduce the width of [Unit Price] and [Net sales] in 2016 to 0.

RicoZhou_1-1655717253477.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

As far as I know, you add multiple columns into matrix value fields, so Power BI will expand each value part by column fields. EX: 2016 has 7 columns and 2017 will has 7 columns as well.

According to your statement, I think you want to remove some columns which is expanded in column field. 

I suggest you to turn off the word wrap and reduce the width of the columns which you don't need to 0.

RicoZhou_0-1655717238936.png

Here I reduce the width of [Unit Price] and [Net sales] in 2016 to 0.

RicoZhou_1-1655717253477.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.