Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gomezc73
Helper IV
Helper IV

User Can't see the images in a report

Hi experts,

I have a PowerBi report that show some images of products, the images are saved in a sharepoint folder.

This is the setup of the images in the report.  

gomezc73_0-1697471485245.png

I granted the access to the users over the PowerBI report and over the sharepoint folder, all users have the same access.

But i have some users that can see the images but other users can't see anything..

I'm not sure what I could review.

If the users have the same setup, why a group of users can see the images and others not? any ideas?

I reaaly appreciatte your help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

There's different ways to grant SharePoint access; if you use a "sharing link" then that will not work for this - you need to actually grant read permission on the folder (and any items with unique permissions under it). If you go to the folder, sharing, manage access, and look at the advanced permission settings there you should be able to double check the permissions on it that way. 

I've also run into issues with SharePoint images with throttling, where if you are displaying a lot of images simultaneously SharePoint seems to block the connection. I'm not sure if there's a way around that particular one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

There's different ways to grant SharePoint access; if you use a "sharing link" then that will not work for this - you need to actually grant read permission on the folder (and any items with unique permissions under it). If you go to the folder, sharing, manage access, and look at the advanced permission settings there you should be able to double check the permissions on it that way. 

I've also run into issues with SharePoint images with throttling, where if you are displaying a lot of images simultaneously SharePoint seems to block the connection. I'm not sure if there's a way around that particular one.

It is something related with the resources of the laptop, the user close all open apps and he could see the images.. it is weird... thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.