Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DianaG
Frequent Visitor

Use aggregated data in slicer

Hi everyone,

I would like to show aggregated data in a slicer, based on the dates, selected in another one.

This is an a example of campaign data, I would like to analyze:

Data_Test.png

In my report, I would like to identify the campaigns, which cause cost but don't lead to transactions. Further, I would like to filter the table, so it only shows the campaigns with a mimimum of cost in the selected time period. As you can see below, the "cost" slicer only shows the raw data. I want it to show in this case a min. of 25 € and a max. of 55 €.

Dashboard_Test.png

Unfortunately, I can't use a measure as slicer. Is there any other way to filter it?

(I know that I could filter in the table settings. But I would like to use a slicer, because it's more flexible and can be adjusted by any user who views this report.)

Thank you very much in advance!

With best regards, Diana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DianaG,

As an alternative, you may use RANKX Function to add a measure and take advantage of Visual level filters.

Measure =
RANKX (
    ALLSELECTED ( Table1[Campaign] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table1[Cost] ) ),
    ASC,
    DENSE
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DianaG,

As an alternative, you may use RANKX Function to add a measure and take advantage of Visual level filters.

Measure =
RANKX (
    ALLSELECTED ( Table1[Campaign] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table1[Cost] ) ),
    ASC,
    DENSE
)
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-chuncz-msft,

thanks for your help! I created a list of data to select and use this one as slicer. However it would be create to be able to use dynamic values. I hope that It will be possible to use a meassure as slicer in the future, because it would be much more flexible.

@DianaG,

To help improve Power BI, you may give feedback via https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.