Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Knato

Use Switch to change the date based on measure outcome

Hello!

I am wondering, if it is possible to create a some sort of SWITCH function, where based on the value from a measure, it will select the respective Date Name from the date hierarchy.

I have a slicer, which is connected to a Calendar, that calendar is then used in all the other metrics. So if I select 2020 it will only display the data from 2020. If I further select month, it will show the data from the selected month and 2020.

Knato_0-1668001398800.png

Knato_1-1668001520100.png

What I want to achieve, is that when I click on a year, automatic drill down will be applied to the other metric, and month will be shown there - without manually having to click it.

Knato_2-1668001644300.png

I made this metric, which outputs 'Year' or 'Month' or 'Day' based on the number of being currently aviable based on the slicer filter. THis works great - If I have year selected the output is 'Month' and if I have year and month selected the output is 'Day'

Knato_3-1668001712400.png

The final step, where I am not sure how to do this, would be to use this value and apply the date hierarchy in the other metric in it.

Knato_4-1668001831500.png

I tried using a Switch function, so if the result is 'Month' then use the Month from the date hierarchy but I cannot get it to work.

Knato_6-1668001896500.png

Please, is there any way I can achieve this?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User
2 REPLIES 2
johnt75
Super User
Super User

this worked, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.