Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

adamclarence

Use ISFILTERED to remove choice from another slicer

Hello. I've designed a "slicer panel" with a separate slicer for country, region, province, and district from my main source table. I also have a bar chart where the x-axis is either country, region, province, or district, using an "axis slicer" above the bar chart (based on a different "Geo Level" flat table with four rows, one for each level of the hierarchy). Therefore, I can select which hierarchical level to use as my x-axis. I'm doing this because drilldown isn't desired in this instance. 

Everything works fine.  For example, when I select a specific province from the province slicer in the slicer panel, the data filter appropriately, and I'm able to change the axis to view the other hierarchical levels. However, in this example with a province selected, I'd like the axis slicer to not show (or to grey out) the buttons for "region" and "country", because those are above province in the hierarchy, and clicking on them could potentially lead the user to think the region-level and country-level values are different than they are (if they don't realize a lower level of the hierarchy has been filtered).

I've tried everything I can think of to filter the "Geo Level" table based on whether or not a slicer in the slicer panel is selected. Note that I don't care which value is selected in any of the slicers in the slicer panel. I only care if they are selected or not. I've tried various options to filter the "Geo Level" table using ISSELECTED, and I've tried the chiclet slicer, and I keep failing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.