Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Use Case - Detail Page

Dear friends, good day! I have this use case that I can't solve, I'm going to try to summarize what I intend to do, so that I can be guided if and how.

I have a power BI page with a table-like visual (Table 1 of the image), this visual is filtered by some data slicers obtaining a filtered table (Table 2 of the image). What I want to do is create a details page of the Group column (of the filtered table), which takes into account the values that were filtered from the main table and some that were NOT filtered. With obtaining the Group details of the filtered values (Table 3 of the image) I had no problems. The problem I'm facing is with table 4 of the image, where I need to show the values of the selected Group that were not filtered and that meet the "YES" criterion in the Category field. I tried to do it with measurements and calculated tables, but I was unsuccessful. The problem is that when I go to the details page I already inherit the filters from the other page and the logic is complicated. Any ideas?

nsalvay_1-1711118936262.png

Greetings and thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This is a standard "shadow table"  pattern.  Create a separate copy of the table where your drilltrough filter are applied, and then use that table in the visuals on the drillthrough target page. You can then choose to project some of the drillthrough filters onto the shadow table while ignoring others.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This is a standard "shadow table"  pattern.  Create a separate copy of the table where your drilltrough filter are applied, and then use that table in the visuals on the drillthrough target page. You can then choose to project some of the drillthrough filters onto the shadow table while ignoring others.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.