Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

cryptosun
Helper I
Helper I

Urgent Help!! Updating the comment if there is no existing comment !! PLEASE HELP

ear Community experts,

I have a PowerBI report, Where i am using a powerapp to get the comments based on 3-4 columns including existing comment, which is fetched from the PowerBI report and automatically patches to the app, which works fine.

I am taking comments based on the specific entry.

I would like to achieve this; if there is a existing comment in the comment column, I want the new(recent) comment to be updated with the previous one in the SharePoint and also in the PowerBI report.

Can someone help me what i should, i would be grateful

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
cryptosun
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandakCan you help? TIA

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cryptosun 

Can you show what does the comment table look like currently? You can show us the table structure with some dummy data. 

If there is no existing comment on a row and its previous comment is on the adjacent row in the same column, you can use Power Query's Fill Down/Fill Up feature to fill it. If they are not adjacent, you can sort on some columns to make them adjacent then fill them. 

If you can provide some sample data, we can try to provide a more accurate and detailed solution. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Its a column coming from sharepoint, so i cannot use directquery on it, I am using a powerapp to take the feedback from the user, once a user clicks on an entry in the PBI report and clicks on comment button it opens the powerapp with 4-5 inputs auto-fetched from the entry itself, the user just have to write a comment in the powerapps and its saved in the sharepoint.

It works fine, however what i want is, whenever there is an another comment on the same entry, i want it to be updated with the recent one, in sharepoint. how can i do it, TIA?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.