Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DAFONSO
Frequent Visitor

Updating my dashboard

Hi 
Every day when i come to work i update my dashboard, but today appear this error. I go to Power bi query and go to advanced editor, open and closed. And work.

But if i opend again the error is still ther.

"Consulta 'Status' (passo 'Tipo Alterado') referencia outras consultas ou passos, portanto, não pode aceder diretamente a uma origem de dados. Reconstrua esta combinação de dados." The error is this (is in portugueses)

Captura de ecrã 2023-08-16 095035.png

Can you guys help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dhairya
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @DAFONSO 
Majorly this kind of issue persists due to privacy levels, you can try ignoring all privacy levels.
Please refer below link
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/desktop-privacy-levels

If this helps you then please mark my solution as accepted so that others can find it quickly while facing the similar issue. Thank You!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
farrukhali6177

Hey,

Power BI has a pretty robust set of features for automated data extraction, especially when working with databases. If you're looking to extract data based on specific conditions (like a successful load and today's date), here's a general approach:

Connect to Your Database: Start by establishing a connection to your database in Power BI Desktop. Depending on your database type, you'll need the appropriate credentials.

Create a Parameter for Today's Date:

Go to the 'Manage Parameters' section.
Create a new parameter and set its data type to 'Date'.
Set its current value to = DateTime.LocalNow(). This gives you the current date and time. If you just want the date, use Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()).
Filtering Based on Another Table:

Let's say you have another table where you log load dates and success status. Load this table into Power BI.
You can then create relationships between this table and the tables you want to extract data from, using appropriate keys.
Once the relationships are set, you can filter the desired tables based on the 'success' status and the load date matching today's date (from the parameter).
Scheduled Refresh on Power BI Service:

Once your report is published on Power BI Service, you can set up a scheduled refresh to keep your data updated. You'll need to configure the gateway and data source credentials if your data source isn't on the cloud.
Advanced: If you're comfortable with M Query (used in Power BI's Advanced Editor), you can write custom queries to further refine and automate your data extraction process.

Remember, the key is to keep things modular. The date parameter ensures that as days go by, your conditions remain relevant. The relationship and filtering ensure that you're only getting the data you need.

Lastly, always double-check to ensure that your automated processes are working correctly, especially when it comes to data extraction. Errors or oversight can sometimes lead to missing or duplicated data.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/desktop-privacy-levels/

Thanks

farrukhali6177

Hey there,

I've encountered similar issues with Power BI before. Sometimes these errors can be a bit tricky. The error message suggests that there's a dependency issue within your 'Status' query, especially in the 'Tipo Alterado' step.

A couple of things to consider:

Ensure that the queries or steps it references are still valid and haven't been deleted or renamed.
If you've made any recent changes to your data sources or relationships, that might be causing the issue.
It's interesting that opening and closing the advanced editor seems to temporarily resolve the issue, but it's clearly not a permanent fix. I'd suggest diving deeper into the query dependencies to find the root cause.

Hope you manage to resolve it soon! If not, it might be worth reaching out to Power BI's community forums or support. They've been a lifesaver for me in the past.

Best of luck,
Ahmad

Dhairya
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @DAFONSO 
Majorly this kind of issue persists due to privacy levels, you can try ignoring all privacy levels.
Please refer below link
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/desktop-privacy-levels

If this helps you then please mark my solution as accepted so that others can find it quickly while facing the similar issue. Thank You!

Hey!
For now it seems to work, i never remember to do that.
Thank you for the help

DAFONSO
Frequent Visitor

My Advanced Editor is looking like this 

Captura de ecrã 2023-08-16 095240.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.