Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AspiringAnalyst
Frequent Visitor

Unnesting a SharePoint document library to create a list

Hello all, I was wondering if it were possible to unnest a document library in SharePoint.  

I'd like all the documents in the "Shared Documents" > "Quality" > "Procedure Documents" folder to be listed as a table in Power BI as text objects.  The "Procedure Documents" folder has around 150 Word documents in varying stages of nesting within it, and I'm wondering if this is possible without completely rebuilding our SharePoint document structure. 

Any help would be appreciated.  I can give more information as needed, though the jist of it is that I want all the word doc titles, not the folder names, in a single list.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AspiringAnalyst ,

Perhaps you can select the Share Point Folder in the data source of Powe BI Desktop.File information will be displayed about all files in that SharePoint folder. In addition, file information will be displayed about any files in any subfolders.You can then delete irrelevant columns in Power Query.

Power Query SharePoint folder connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

vzhouwenmsft_0-1715074393764.png

vzhouwenmsft_1-1715074400822.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AspiringAnalyst ,

Perhaps you can select the Share Point Folder in the data source of Powe BI Desktop.File information will be displayed about all files in that SharePoint folder. In addition, file information will be displayed about any files in any subfolders.You can then delete irrelevant columns in Power Query.

Power Query SharePoint folder connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

vzhouwenmsft_0-1715074393764.png

vzhouwenmsft_1-1715074400822.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.