Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

uif19085
Helper III
Helper III

Unable to Visualize Specific Table When Connecting Oracle Database via BlankQuery

Hello Power BI Community!

I'm encountering a peculiar issue while attempting to establish a connection to my Oracle database using the BlankQuery method in Power BI. I'm hoping to tap into the collective expertise here to help me troubleshoot and resolve this problem.

Problem Description:

When connecting to my Oracle database through the standard "GetData" method in Power BI, I am able to visualize all the tables without any issues. However, I need to establish a connection using the BlankQuery method, as it is required for seamless integration with the Gateway in the Service.

Issue:

The challenge arises when I try to connect via BlankQuery using a connection string similar to the one found in the tnsnames.ora file. Strangely, while I can see most of the tables without any problem, there is one specific table that remains invisible in Power BI.

Request for Help:

I am reaching out to the knowledgeable members of the Power BI community in the hopes that someone might have encountered a similar situation or could offer insights into resolving this specific problem. While the other tables are visible and accessible, the fact that one table remains hidden is a puzzle I'm eager to solve.

If anyone has suggestions, workarounds, or troubleshooting steps that could assist me in successfully visualizing this elusive table through the BlankQuery connection method, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

1 REPLY 1
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @uif19085 ,

Please first:

Ensure that the Oracle Data Access Client (ODAC) is installed and configured correctly on your machine.

Verify that the tnsnames.ora file is properly configured and you're using the proper net_service_name.

Make sure that the net_service_name is the same between the machine that uses Power BI Desktop and the machine that runs the gateway.

Check if there are any known limitations or issues with the specific version of ODAC you are using.

Then, please let me know how you created the blank query and you can paste the code below, taking care to mask the private information.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.