Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

HillHika
Regular Visitor

Two Different Date Slicers on same page

Hi, I have a quarter slicer on my data page to allow users to quickly just show data per quarter, but I have a date slicer slider to allow them to choose any date or date range they want, as well. To avoid confusion, it would be good if the dates on the date slicer just showed the quarter range when a quarter is selected (e.g. if Q2 is selected, the date slicer would show April 1 to June 30, but it actually shows whatever dates were last entered in the slicer, usually defaults to entire year). How can I make the date slicer show dates consistent with the quarter slicer selection?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Wilson_
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi HillHika,

Do your two slicers use columns from the same table? If so, select your quarter slicer, go to Format > Edit Interactions and make sure that it is filtering your date range slicer (see below). I just tested it and switching between the different Year Quarter values changes the values in the Date slicer automatically.

Wilson__0-1715551730471.png

----------------------------------
If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it quickly. Also, don't forget to hit that thumbs up and subscribe! (Oh, uh, wrong platform?)

P.S. Need a more in-depth consultation for your Power BI data modeling or DAX issues? Feel free to hire me on Upwork or DM me directly on here! I would love to clear up your Power BI headaches.

View solution in original post

HillHika
Regular Visitor

Thank you! In the end, it was probably just because I had date slicers synced across two different spreadsheet sources because I tried your solution and it didn't work, then I got rid of the sync and it did.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HillHika
Regular Visitor

Thank you! In the end, it was probably just because I had date slicers synced across two different spreadsheet sources because I tried your solution and it didn't work, then I got rid of the sync and it did.  

Whatever works! Thanks for the update.

Wilson_
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi HillHika,

Do your two slicers use columns from the same table? If so, select your quarter slicer, go to Format > Edit Interactions and make sure that it is filtering your date range slicer (see below). I just tested it and switching between the different Year Quarter values changes the values in the Date slicer automatically.

Wilson__0-1715551730471.png

----------------------------------
If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it quickly. Also, don't forget to hit that thumbs up and subscribe! (Oh, uh, wrong platform?)

P.S. Need a more in-depth consultation for your Power BI data modeling or DAX issues? Feel free to hire me on Upwork or DM me directly on here! I would love to clear up your Power BI headaches.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.