Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Aqua
Frequent Visitor

Two Data Layers on Map visual

Hi All,

In a map created using mapbox visual, we are showing our 'count of X' using size of circles and the background remains greyed out.

Now, on the same map, we also want to show gradient of our 'count of X' by state so that each state has a color based on the counts. Currently, I have added these 2 requirements on 2 separate maps for reference.

Is there a way to set this up using mapbox or any other map visual?

Aqua_0-1712174045002.png

Thanks for all the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
antoine_dirat

Infortunatly there is a common point with ALL map visuals in PowerBI , only one field could interact with map.   So you could not play with various dynamic layers in a map visual ( except with some premium players like ARCGIS or GALIGEO)..  With the ICON MAP visual (free) , you can creat a messy WKT file , and create a multigeometry layer (rendering various object types in the same layer)   see here https://icon-map.com/blogs/blogs.html#multiobjects 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
antoine_dirat

Infortunatly there is a common point with ALL map visuals in PowerBI , only one field could interact with map.   So you could not play with various dynamic layers in a map visual ( except with some premium players like ARCGIS or GALIGEO)..  With the ICON MAP visual (free) , you can creat a messy WKT file , and create a multigeometry layer (rendering various object types in the same layer)   see here https://icon-map.com/blogs/blogs.html#multiobjects 

jgeddes
Super User
Super User

I am not sure that you will be able to accomplish that with one map visual. Have you considered using bookmarks and the bookmark navigator buttons on top of the map visual to cycle between the bookmarks?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.