Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mbowler
Frequent Visitor

Trying to work out how to count all items with same parent feature as those in current sprint(s)

I am extracting data from our Azure DevOps system that is managing all the work items we work on in an Agile sprint fashion. The report I want will be using daily refreshed data. An example of the data is below:

Id

Title

Type

State

Sprint

InCurrSprint

Feature

Old but relevant

PBI

Done

Sprint 1

False

Feature1

Old not relevant

CR

Done

Sprint 2

False

Feature2

Old and wrong type

Bug

Done

Sprint 3

False

Feature1

Old but relevant

PBI

Done

Sprint 4

False

Feature1

Old not relevant

CR

Done

Sprint 5

False

Feature3

Current not relevant

PBI

Done

Sprint 6

True

Feature3

Current not relevant

PBI

InDev

Sprint BAU

True

Feature2

Current and relevant

CR

InDev

Sprint 8

True

Feature1

Current but wrong type

Bug

InDev

Sprint 8

True

Feature1

InCurrSprint is a calculated column that checking the Sprint Start and End Dates and comparing them to TODAY() :

InCurrSprint = IF(WorkItems[Iteration Start Date] <= TODAY() && WorkItems[Iteration End Date] > TODAY(),TRUE(), FALSE())

WorkItems[Iteration Start Date] and WorkItems[Iteration End Date] are other columns in the main table not shown above for simplicity.

At any point in time there will be one or more (usually 4-5) sprints in progress; 2-3 of them will be project sprints and 2-3 will be BAU sprints. The project sprints last 2 weeks and are followed new sprints for the remaining project work whereas the BAU sprints never complete.

I want to create a stacked bar chart that shows the count of all PBI and CR work items where the Feature matches a work item in one of the current project sprints. "Current project sprints" basically means any sprint that isn't one of the BAU sprints (whose names are static).

Hence for the example data above I would have a chart like below:

mbowler_1-1689695040308.png

Hence the rows 100, 103 & 107 (Feature 1), 104, 105 (Feature 3)

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

2 REPLIES 2
mbowler
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for this. Of course my actual data was slightly more complicated than the example I gave (like there being more than one BAU Sprint) but I managed to adapt your measures to suit. Here's one of my final measures:

Count Done = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(WorkItems),ALLEXCEPT(WorkItems,WorkItems[FeatureName]),WorkItems[Work Item Type] in {"Change Request","Product Backlog Item"},NOT WorkItems[Iteration Path] IN VALUES('BAU Iterations'[BAU Iterations]), WorkItems[State]<>"Removed", WorkItems[DoneInDevOrAnalysed]="Done")

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

see attached

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.