Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WlConley
Frequent Visitor

Trying to return a value based on a Slider

Hi All, 

I have created a 2 tables called:

"Manager" with GenerateSERIES (0,2,.5) and then created a slicer with that table 

"Senior" with GenerateSERIES (0,10,.5) and then created a slicer with that table

I am trying to get the value of each slicer into the a different table called "Pricing" which then would be used to calculate the cost based off Manager and Senior bill rates

The thought is that anyone could access the report, adjust the slicers, hit refresh and new numbers would be calculated based off of their input...

Please let me know if you need anything else to help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bipin-Lala
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @WlConley,

In your situation, I recommend utilizing What-If parameters as a solution. What-If parameters enable you to define variables within your reports, interact with these variables like slicers, and visually represent and quantify various important values in your reports.

Since the exact formula for calculating costs for different bill rates has not been mentioned, for now, I can suggest you go through the following links and see if you can use the parameters to achieve your requirements - 

Note: What-If parameters are now called New Parameters in Power BI Desktop

BipinLala_3-1711747034114.png

Let me know if it helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

ok, sounds good.  What happened when you used SELECTEDVALUE ?

Bipin-Lala
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @WlConley,

In your situation, I recommend utilizing What-If parameters as a solution. What-If parameters enable you to define variables within your reports, interact with these variables like slicers, and visually represent and quantify various important values in your reports.

Since the exact formula for calculating costs for different bill rates has not been mentioned, for now, I can suggest you go through the following links and see if you can use the parameters to achieve your requirements - 

Note: What-If parameters are now called New Parameters in Power BI Desktop

BipinLala_3-1711747034114.png

Let me know if it helps!

Hi Bipin-Lala, 

I am trying to calculate the bill rates based off the selected value in the slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.