Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JordanJackson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Trying to get a card to 'Don't Summarise' or to show the value for the selected company

Hi there,

I am experiancing an issue when trying to get the card selected in the attached photo to show whether a company is restictred/suspended or cleared. Seen on the drop down in the feilds section there is no option for no summarisation which means that only the first, last or count can be shown. None of these display the text in the column that I want, I can only get it to display the numbers that I use for the conditional formatting. 

Essentially , I am looking for this card to display the status of the company. Enabling dont summerise or having another way to show the text would be great.

Thankyou

Screenshot (27).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JordanJackson 

A Card visual is designed to show only one value. So when you put a column field into it, it should apply an aggregation on that column to get the aggregated result. If this column only has one distinct value when you apply some filters on the report, selecting First or Last will give you the same result as the distinct value. You can select First to check the result. 

Don't summarize option is ony available in Table visual and Multi-row Card visual. For other visuals, they all expect to have aggregated values. If you have multiple values to show, you can try the Multi-row Card visual which is next to the Card visual. 

vjingzhang_0-1649215999034.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JordanJackson 

A Card visual is designed to show only one value. So when you put a column field into it, it should apply an aggregation on that column to get the aggregated result. If this column only has one distinct value when you apply some filters on the report, selecting First or Last will give you the same result as the distinct value. You can select First to check the result. 

Don't summarize option is ony available in Table visual and Multi-row Card visual. For other visuals, they all expect to have aggregated values. If you have multiple values to show, you can try the Multi-row Card visual which is next to the Card visual. 

vjingzhang_0-1649215999034.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Hi, 

You can try with this measure

Measure = SELECTEDVALUE(fieldname,BLANK())

in this exemple

Measure = SELECTEDVALUE(dimStore[Status],BLANK())
serpiva64_0-1648731656590.pngserpiva64_1-1648731675849.png

If this post is useful to help you to solve your issue consider giving the post a thumbs up 

and accepting it as a solution !

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.