Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

beadysquared
Regular Visitor

Truncating TopN measure across months

Hello,

I created a measure that gets the TopN categories per item of interest and put the rest on an Others category. I implemented something similar to this except the user no longer has the option to change N in TopN. It works well, up until I add a date variable to the matrix visual I want to display. What happens is the generated Row Total only shows the top N counts, but for each month it also gets the categories that are the part of the top N for that month. What I want is to just include the categories that have the highest count across the specified period. 

After searching the forums, I came across a topic that seemed to be related to my problem; however, it only focuses on the top N for the last month. I cannot seem to make it work for the top 5 across all the months. I would appreciate some help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@beadysquared,

You may try to use RANKX Function and ALLSELECTED Function to add a measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

The values I want to be filtered are already a measure. How do I filter this measure to just show the top N according to the total 12 months selected in the period?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.