Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

oparra

Transform Date/Time to Date for Calendar

Hello, first post.

I want to create a calendar table that includes specific date/time, because I download the reports that includes the exact time for a transaction.

So I need to create a Calendar table to create a relation as I have multiple tables that need to be filtered from this one.1.JPG2.JPG

The left one is the one from the report, and when I try to filter data from the calendar table it shows as a blank.

So far I tried to duplicate the TimeStamp Column and ROUND the data, but the column is not recognized as a Date even if it has the correct format.

Hope you can get what I want and can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Osiel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For now I did a new colum with:

Date = Append1[TimeStamp].[Date]
The column excluded all the time and only shows the date, and the relation with the CALENDARAUTO table seems to work properly for now.

I'll keep checking.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DataNinja777
Super User
Super User

Hi @oparra 

When you need to also include time in your dimension table, the best practice is to separate out the date table and the time table, instead of having one big date/time calendar table with near infinite combination (cardinality) of date and time unique values.  Separating out date and time will ensure that the cardinality of the dimension table is maintained at a level where there is minimum performance issues, and you can have a time table of 24 hours.

Best regards,    

For now I did a new colum with:

Date = Append1[TimeStamp].[Date]
The column excluded all the time and only shows the date, and the relation with the CALENDARAUTO table seems to work properly for now.

I'll keep checking.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.