Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SSS
Helper I
Helper I

Total Duration from a list of tasks

Good Morning guys,

I need some help with the next issue- I'll try to explain myself the best I can.

My data looks like the following, I have a number of tasks that starts at a day and have a duration. For example, task 1 was started in day 1 and had a duration of 23 days (it ended in day 23), task 2 started in day 3 and ended in day 20 (17 days of duration), etc. Then task 1 changes from the department from X to Y and starts at day 24 with a duration of 1 until it ends (idem with task 2 but from day 21).

My data is distributed in the following way:

Task     Day    Duration   Type of Department

1          1        1                      X

1          2        2                      X

1          3        3                      X

2          3        1                      X

1          4        4                      X

2          4        2                      X

3          4        1                      X

1         20       19                    X

2         20       17                    X

1         21       19                    X

2         21       1                      Y

1         24       1                      Y
2         24       4                      Y

So as you can see I have a column for the number of the task, a column for the day where I take the photo of the current state and a column that tells me the duration that the task has until the current day.

My problem is that I need to plot in a graphic the average duration that takes for each department to accomplish the tasks (department X -->18 (task2) + 23 (task1) /2 = 20,5).

How can I made a measure that tells me just the maximum duration of each task for each department?

Thanks a lot!!

2 REPLIES 2
WolfBiber
Employee
Employee

hey,

somthing like this?

maxTDur = MAX(Table2[Duration  ])

Unbenannt.PNG

Tanks for your answer @WolfBiber but it is not working as I would like to.

In order to show the data, I'll put it in a graphic that needs to show me the average of time for each type of department.

It means that it will be a line graphic where line 1 is the average time that takes for all the tasks to be completed in department X (as an example).

That is why I need to extract the maximum time that takes for a task to be in a department avoiding the previous values.

With your solution I can extract the value of the MAX but I am not able to make an average of these values according the department!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.