Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SandeA
Helper III
Helper III

Top20 Amounts

Hi all, I know this is probably quite simple, but I'm in a rush job and just can't figure it out! I need to list the Top 20 outstanding Dollar amounts based on whether there is a completed date or not. 

First, I created a column that populates the word Blank if there is no Completed Date and NonBlank if there is a Completed Date. 

Then I tried creating this measure 

OtstdnWrntAmts = CALCULATE (TOPN (20, OutstandingWarrants, OutstandingWarrants[Amount]), DESC), FILTER(OutstandingWarrants,OutstandingWarrants[ComplDateBlank]="Blank"))

but I'm getting this error message
"The expression refers to multiple columns. Multiple columns cannot be converted to a scalar value."

Please help! Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jaipal
Resolver III
Resolver III

@SandeA  hi, just select TOPN on the visual filter level and drop the column in By value field.

and then set column= Blank in filter level. 

jaipal_0-1651727363571.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SandeA
Helper III
Helper III

@jaipal - after a few failed attempts I finally got that to work! I always forget about the filter panel because its usually collapsed when I open the Desktop BI. Thank you!

jaipal
Resolver III
Resolver III

@SandeA  hi, just select TOPN on the visual filter level and drop the column in By value field.

and then set column= Blank in filter level. 

jaipal_0-1651727363571.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.