Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shamsuddeenvp
Post Patron
Post Patron

To have/change the downward and upward (red and green) arrow to show the measure is increasing or no

Dear,

I am in need to show a measure whether it is increasing or decreasing from the previous year. Green upward image and red downward arrow image based on the value. Is it possible in Power BI.

I am trying to migrate some SSRS reports to power BI. I treid KPI visual which is there out of the box, however it is not fruitful for this requirement as this has some trend.

Br,

Shamsuddeen

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shamsuddeenvp,

Currently, there is no OOTB feature for us to display upward or downward arrow based on the value. You can vote on this idea who wants the same feature: When will the KPI Red/Yellow/Green Indicators be available on PowerBI Desktop?. In your scenario, you have some choices to work around the issue:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
avinashbeepath
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similiar issue..Looking forward to some possible solutions in this thread.

Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

The KPI object is the best for this.  Have you tried turning off the Trend Axis?  that will get rid of that chart that is in the background.

I tried that without success @avinashbeepath

Br,

Shamsuddeen

I did some testing and I can't get arrows to show up.  I can get "!" and check marks, but no up/down arrows.  

Maybe someone else has some answers.  Sorry I couldn't help you out more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.