Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time difference between two date/times excluding weekends and holidays

Hello Power BI experts!

I am looking for help to add a column that calculates the # of hours or days (not whole) between two date/times.  I have included below a sample of the date/times I have and also have work days marked with a 1 and weekends and holidays with a 0 in my calendar.  Either hours or days would work as I can calcualte hours back to days but whole days will not work.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before as I did search and tried several ways but have nothing seemed to work or fit for me  and I am getting myself confused 😞 .  Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Samples of my dates:

Date/Time OpenedDate/Time First Resolved
9/26/2018 11:449/26/2018 14:47
9/9/2018 14:379/18/2018 8:55
8/8/2018 9:069/7/2018 10:24
9/10/2018 14:419/10/2018 15:11
9/9/2018 14:379/18/2018 8:55
9/26/2018 8:289/26/2018 9:22

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

You can create a calculated column using DAX below.

Total Working Days Column = 
SUMX (
    FILTER (
        'Calendar',
        'Calendar'[Date] >= Table[Date/Time Opened]
            && 'Calendar'[Date] <= Table[Date/Time First Resolved]
    ),
    'Calendar'[isWorkDay]
)

However, if you need to calculate work hours between two date time valyues, please check the Power Query function in this similar thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3fc729e-a2ec-409a-b20e-b5cf8ff5dc2a/calculate-work-hours-between-two-timedate-stamps?forum=powerquery.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

You can create a calculated column using DAX below.

Total Working Days Column = 
SUMX (
    FILTER (
        'Calendar',
        'Calendar'[Date] >= Table[Date/Time Opened]
            && 'Calendar'[Date] <= Table[Date/Time First Resolved]
    ),
    'Calendar'[isWorkDay]
)

However, if you need to calculate work hours between two date time valyues, please check the Power Query function in this similar thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3fc729e-a2ec-409a-b20e-b5cf8ff5dc2a/calculate-work-hours-between-two-timedate-stamps?forum=powerquery.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft  did you created any calendar table,if yes - can you please share the DAX

hi,

I am working on the same thing. I have taken workdays as 1 and weekend and Holidays as 0, used mentioned DAX, but I am getting right for weekends and holidays as right value, but for weekdays +1 is added to the value which is not accpetable. 

Ex. Weekday dates

Start date 14-11-2019   

End date 16-11-2019

Difference should be 2 days but it is taking as 3 days, because it is summing from workday which is marked as 1 for weekdays. I am not sure where I am making an error.

Please let me know how to overcome this.

Plz share DAX code I am also facing same issue . please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.