Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Skinned3988
Frequent Visitor

Thousands and Decimal Separators on Visualizations

Hi there

I have this issue that always, no matter what i do, i have the same separators for table and matrix visualizations on Report Interface.

On Data interface it works, it change according to OS's regional settings but on the visuals remains the dot "." as thousands separator and the comma "," as decimal separator.

I show you some screenshots

Report VisualizationReport VisualizationData InterfaceData Interface

I have already change the OS' regional settings, change Regional Setting for local on Power Bi, change the type using local on Power Query, create a new pbix file using another OS regional setting and nothing works for the report. It works for the Data UI.

Is it a bug?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Skinned3988
Frequent Visitor

Well it seems that the window's local format it not accurate for the report visualization.

It works for the Data UI, and excel and everything else but for Power BI reports, for some reason it doesnt.

For example i have in Spanish (Latinoamerica) the dot "." as a thousand separator, and Spanish (Bolivia) i have the comma "," as a thousand separator. Power Bi use correctly this config in the Data UI. But for the report UI it always use the dot "." as thousand separator.

I find out in this page of oracle that there is an international numeric convention for languages not countries.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19455-01/806-0169/overview-9/index.html

So i have to change the OS regional settings to English USA, in order to finally be able to change the report UI in comma as thousands separator and the dot as decimal.

I put some screenshots International Convention According to LanguageInternational Convention According to LanguageOS Regional SettingOS Regional Setting

So for spanish spoken user, it doesnt matter what country you put in OS regional settings, you will always see your reports with dot as thousands separator.

And i thind this issue is general, so Microsoft should fixed.

Best regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good morning, I had the same problem and applied the recommended solution, however now I can't use the comma to separate the millions:

cdleonh_0-1647456115638.png

how do I be able to visualize in the report the amounts of millions separated by the comma?

Skinned3988
Frequent Visitor

Well it seems that the window's local format it not accurate for the report visualization.

It works for the Data UI, and excel and everything else but for Power BI reports, for some reason it doesnt.

For example i have in Spanish (Latinoamerica) the dot "." as a thousand separator, and Spanish (Bolivia) i have the comma "," as a thousand separator. Power Bi use correctly this config in the Data UI. But for the report UI it always use the dot "." as thousand separator.

I find out in this page of oracle that there is an international numeric convention for languages not countries.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19455-01/806-0169/overview-9/index.html

So i have to change the OS regional settings to English USA, in order to finally be able to change the report UI in comma as thousands separator and the dot as decimal.

I put some screenshots International Convention According to LanguageInternational Convention According to LanguageOS Regional SettingOS Regional Setting

So for spanish spoken user, it doesnt matter what country you put in OS regional settings, you will always see your reports with dot as thousands separator.

And i thind this issue is general, so Microsoft should fixed.

Best regards

@Skinned3988 , Thanks for sharing the solution. Kudos to you. Other users will get benefitted from this detailed reply.

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @Skinned3988 

Can you update the ask with full screenshot with selecting the column in question and including the menu bar "Column tools" or "measure tools" tab

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Hi there, i have already solved the issue.

But the answer is not in the Column tools menu.

Thanks for answering

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Please refer the article- https://schoennie.blogspot.com/2018/11/thousand-separator-and-decimal.html

and see if it turns out to be useful for you

Thanks it helped a lot.

I think i found the solution i will posted

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.