Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Julia_Mav
Advocate I
Advocate I

The model doesn’t have a table named…

Hi,

I have an error like this (please see attached). In my model, I do not have the table named liked Comparison Data Old 2. I only have Comparison Data Old (without a number). What should I do to fix it?

Thanks for your help!

4B10D6A6-A4A6-4846-9B86-B526826C1319.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
Joris_NL
Helper II
Helper II

I had a similar problem and found the solution.

After an update in our database, I had to rename all my tables from ALL-CAPS to Normal-Caps. So following your example, I changed 'COMPARISON DATA OLD' to 'Comparison Data Old' - and renamed all corresponding query steps, column names etc. When trying to apply the query changes, I got the following error:

The model doesn't have a table named Comparison Data Old 2.

Even though the query didn't mention 'Comparison Data Old 2', and never did. I double checked this by copying the query to Word (or NotePad) and searched ctrl+f. No 'Comparison Data Old 2' ever existed in my entire file. Why it asked for number 2, I never found out, but I did find a solution.

First I added a new table, called 'Comparison Data Old 2'. This resulted in the error message saying:

The model doesn't have a table named Comparison Data Old 2 2.

So that wasn't going to work. The solution, however, was to change the name of the original 'Comparison Data Old' table to 'Comparison Data Old 2'.

This solved the issue and everything worked again - although I had to repeat this step for all other tables. Funnily enough, after applying the query changes I could change the name 'Comparison Data Old 2' back to 'Comparison Data Old' as if nothing ever happened.

Most software doesn't allow for multiple files with the same name, irrespective of caps. So when changing COMPARISON DATA OLD to Comparison Data Old, it might make a copy (number 2) behind the screens. Together with a database update, this might mess things up. But it's only a guess. 

Hope this helps for future troubleshooting!

Joris

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Julia_Mav Looks like some query is referencing Comparison Data Old 2 so you will have to look at your queries and find which one of them has that reference (looks like 2 of them at least)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.