Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dd88
Resolver I
Resolver I

Table visual column displays only 1 instance of data

The bottom table visual I created a week ago as a mockup layout.

In the meantime I was working out the DateDiff, and other requirement conditions.

Both table visuals  use the same Table field ANNUAL EXPIRY , and the column format are the same ie  Dont Summarize.

I created a 2nd table visual (the top table) and sorted. The top table visual only displays the 1 instance of data. The bottom table visual displays ALL data. 

I deleted the top table visual, and created a new table visual, and dropped the same fields onto the top table visual, however the same reults.  Only displays 1 instance of data.

It seems the top table data is 'grouped', althought I dont know how.  However I want ALL the data to display.

How can the table visual column display ALL data?

TIA

PowerBI-Table displays only 1 instance of data - 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dd88 , In Power BI Data is always grouped or shows distinct values of not summarized columns. If you need all rows, add an Index column in power query and use that in visual as Don't summarize 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dd88
Resolver I
Resolver I

Good one and many thanks @TomMartens  and @amitchandak 

Yes the bottom table has the 1st column date of birth, which then 'force' displays all data values in column ANNUAL EXIPRY.

Many thanks again ..

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @dd88 ,

in addition to what @amitchandak already suggested, you can also try to use the "don't" summarize option:

image.png

This articles provides an introduction to aggregations: Work with aggregates (sum, average, and so on) in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the option "Don't summarize" does not allow the result you are looking for, then you need an index as Amit already suggested, please keep in mind that an index column can consume a lot of memory.

Hopefully, this will add some ideas on how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dd88 , In Power BI Data is always grouped or shows distinct values of not summarized columns. If you need all rows, add an Index column in power query and use that in visual as Don't summarize 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.