Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JonathanJohns
Helper III
Helper III

Table Transformation

Good afternoon,

I've got a table like this one :

LOTInd 1Ind 2Ind 3
1 50 
1  30
2 20 
2  20
3 10 
3  10

And I would like to tansform the table like this one :

LOTInd 1Ind 2Ind 3

Do you have any idea how to make that please ? My example is only with 3 lines and 3 columns but in reality I have 400 columns and 10 000 lines.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Interkoubess
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @JonathanJohns,

You can use these codes below in Power Query. To sum up please unpivot your data first and pivot it.

Code 1 : I used the url you gave:

let
    Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Table-Transformation/m-p/404994#M185333")),
    Data0 = Source{0}[Data],
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Data0, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"LOT", Int64.Type}, {"Ind 1", Int64.Type}, {"Ind 2", Int64.Type}, {"Ind 3", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"LOT"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", List.Distinct(#"Unpivoted Other Columns"[Attribute]), "Attribute", "Value")
in
    #"Pivoted Column"

Code 2: In your data, you can accomplish these steps

#"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"LOT"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", List.Distinct(#"Unpivoted Other Columns"[Attribute]), "Attribute", "Value")

Let us know if you did not succeed in doing it...

Hope it helps.

Ninter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Interkoubess
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @JonathanJohns,

You can use these codes below in Power Query. To sum up please unpivot your data first and pivot it.

Code 1 : I used the url you gave:

let
    Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Table-Transformation/m-p/404994#M185333")),
    Data0 = Source{0}[Data],
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Data0, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"LOT", Int64.Type}, {"Ind 1", Int64.Type}, {"Ind 2", Int64.Type}, {"Ind 3", Int64.Type}}),
in
    #"Pivoted Column"

Code 2: In your data, you can accomplish these steps

Let us know if you did not succeed in doing it...

Hope it helps.

Ninter

It works.

Thank you !

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.