Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

LOSt_210
Regular Visitor

Synoptic.design - How to make slicer choice zoom in on SVG map

Hello.

I have used https://synoptic.design/ to create a SVG map and loaded it to Power BI. Everything works like its supposed to, slicers choices highlights different area of the map - BUT I have no idea how to get the slicer to automatically zoom in on the area I have chosen.  

Iv been thinking its the relationship between the slicer and map, but areas you chose with the slicers correctly highlights on the map. 

Is there a function Im missing, or do I need to edit the SVG file? Im stuck. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LOSt_210 ,

It sounds like you're looking for a way to zoom in on the selected area of your map in Power BI. If I understand correctly, you're using the Synoptic.design tool to create an SVG map and then using that map in Power BI with a slicer to highlight different areas of the map.

To automatically zoom in on the selected area, you'll need to use a combination of the slicer and the built-in zoom functionality in Power BI. The first step is to create a slicer that allows you to select the area of the map you want to zoom in on. Once you've selected an area, you can use the zoom functionality in Power BI to focus in on that area.

To use the zoom functionality in Power BI, click on the "Format" tab in the top menu, then click on the "Zoom" option in the left-side menu. This will open the zoom settings for your map, where you can adjust the zoom level and other settings to focus in on the selected area.

Keep in mind that the zoom functionality in Power BI is only available for certain types of visualizations, so you may need to use a different visualization type (such as a scatter plot or bubble chart) to be able to use the zoom feature. Additionally, the zoom functionality in Power BI only works with certain types of data, so you may need to adjust the format of your data in order to use the zoom feature.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LOSt_210 ,

It sounds like you're looking for a way to zoom in on the selected area of your map in Power BI. If I understand correctly, you're using the Synoptic.design tool to create an SVG map and then using that map in Power BI with a slicer to highlight different areas of the map.

To automatically zoom in on the selected area, you'll need to use a combination of the slicer and the built-in zoom functionality in Power BI. The first step is to create a slicer that allows you to select the area of the map you want to zoom in on. Once you've selected an area, you can use the zoom functionality in Power BI to focus in on that area.

To use the zoom functionality in Power BI, click on the "Format" tab in the top menu, then click on the "Zoom" option in the left-side menu. This will open the zoom settings for your map, where you can adjust the zoom level and other settings to focus in on the selected area.

Keep in mind that the zoom functionality in Power BI is only available for certain types of visualizations, so you may need to use a different visualization type (such as a scatter plot or bubble chart) to be able to use the zoom feature. Additionally, the zoom functionality in Power BI only works with certain types of data, so you may need to adjust the format of your data in order to use the zoom feature.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.