Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ebc124
Frequent Visitor

Summations are not adding up correctly for specific values.

Hello,

I have a series of files named by year 2011 to 2022 in the file the headers are as follows. Where if you open a file the same fiscal year will be the same for every row. 

ebc124_1-1683847764552.png

I have brought all of these files into Power Bi, and created a simple table that sums the total of each column. This table can be shown below.

ebc124_2-1683847799347.png

To validate that the table was summing values correctly, I recreated this table from the source data and found that the values in the red boxes do not match with the values calculated from the table i created from the source table.

The picture below outlines the results of me carrying out this process in Excel. I also compared the number of rows in the source data and the power bi data and it is the same amount but the sums are different. I have resolved all errors in my queries.

ebc124_3-1683847951279.png

I think I might have set something up incorrectly in Power BI for it to not calculate correctly. i am just not sure what. 

Can someone please help?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.