Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maps - Display points within a Distance radius of multiple selections

Hello all,

I am trying to show on a map points within a distance radius from multiple starting points.

I have followed scrupulously David Eldersveld's amazing guide : https://dataveld.com/2019/03/20/display-points-within-a-distance-radius-on-a-power-bi-map/

I managed to reproduce the same map where I can see all the points within a radius (below, an example within a 2km radius) from a starting point ("Adresse 1"):

Tin88_0-1666954292248.png

But when I am trying to select multiple starting points ("Départ"), I can only see the points around the Starting point "Adresse 2", even though I can see all the data in a matrix next to the map:

Tin88_1-1666954886242.png

My problem is: I can't see both the points around the Starting Point n° 1 ("Adresse 1") AND simultaneously the Starting Point n°2 ("Adresse 2").

My guess is due to the DAX formula for the measure "Distance (Km)" where it takes the Minimum Longitude and Latitude point.

As the "Adresse 2" is a bit more in the South than the other Starting point ("Adresse 1"), it can explains why the map is only focusing from this starting point.

I have 2 tables:

- Affiliés: where I have a lits of all the restaurants (with their Longitude & Latitude points)

- Départ: a list of starting points (with, of course, Longitude & Latitude points)

Below, the measure for "Distance (km)":

Tin88_2-1666954937356.png

And also below the measure I have calculated in order to filter the map so I can only see the points within the Radius:

Tin88_3-1666954986302.png

Thank you all for your help,

3 REPLIES 3
KP426

Thank you for posting this question Tin88.  I am simply struggling to display all the points within a distance radius from 1 starting point. You said you used 2 tables.  Could you show me what your data looked like and the code used?  I am new to both Power BI and this process and I have a deadline I am afraid I am not going to meet. Thank you in advance for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yinliw-msft ,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the link you shared doesn't help me. 

As I said, I managed to display all the points within a distance radius from 1 starting point.

What I am strugling with is the ability to display all the points from multiple starting points.

Is there a way to upload a .pbix file in this topic? Or do I have to share a file link with an open external cloud storage?

Thank you,

v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please provide your PBIX file to test?

Or you can also refer this link that may help.

Solved: Display Points within a Distance Radius. - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.