Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NiugeS
Helper V
Helper V

Sum of Unique Values and Average of Unique Values - Not total unique users

Hi,

I have a table where I have several thousands of bookings with a columns for the start date the booking and by what user.  I have created a table with the date field (date hiearchy)  and also the user field such as below.  If I put the total on, it gives me a count of all unique users for the period. 

As I am looking to report the monthly average of the below, I need to work out the sum of the total for each month (4189) and then divide this by the amount of months, in this case 12 giving me 349.08.  I will be importing reports with different date periods.  I've seen a few examples but getting stuck ....

NiugeS_0-1624843042722.png

YearMonthCount of Unique Users
2018January258
2018February457
2018March565
2018April152
2018May 215
2018June321
2018July154
2018August568
2018September361
2018October859
2018November45
2018December234

Any guidance or assistance appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NiugeS 
Have you solved your problem? If yes, kindly mark the answer helpful as the solution, so that the others having same question can find this post quickly.
Otherwise, please provide more details about your problem so that we can work on it further.
Thanks.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @NiugeS 

Add a column with the year/month something similar to:

YearMonth = FORMAT(Table[Start Date], "yyyymm)

Now do the following measure:

Average = divide(DistinctCount(Table[UserID), DistinctCount(Table[YearMonth]))

should give expected result, but this depends also on the context.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix Hi Miguel - apologies for the delayed response and thank you for the assistance.  I have been trying your suggestion but I do not believe it is providing the desired result.  It is providing an average of unique users accros the entire period.

In each month I could have (for example) 50 unique users.  If these same users were to book each month, then the equation would result in 50 unique users / 12.

What I am looking for is each month's unique users to be added together to work out a monthly unique user count.  Example, 50 unique users who book every month would be 600/12 = 50.

Hope that makes sense.   

I am looking at something slighly different.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.